The constitution of India has a rich content of human rights. The preamble, the Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policy reflect the principles and provisions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights(1948).
The four ideas of the preamble are aimed at the promotion of human rights. They are as under:
- Justice is social, economic and political spheres.
- Liberty of thought, expression, belief faith and worship.
- Equality of status and opportunity.
- Fraternity assuring the dignity of the individual.
- Right to equality.
- Right to freedom.
- Right against exploitation.
- Right to freedom of religion.
- Culture and education rights.
- Right to constitutional remedies.
- Socialistic Principles
- Gandhian Principles.
- Liberal-Intellectual Principles.